Monday 4 May 2009

Welcome to 'Writing on Bananas'




Welcome to my blog! It is inspired by the lovely banana pictured above, which was photographed whilst I was writing my undergraduate dissertation in 2005.

I like writing on fruit, but mostly I'm bringing this blog into existence because I've always felt it important to document great meals by taking photos of them. This blog will therefore contain my ramblings about, and photographs of, food that I have enjoyed. It may occasionally take detours into other areas, and will hopefully also contain pictures of food that my friends and family have taken to sending to me.

Other suggestions for the name of this blog were 'Cake My Day' and 'The Clean Plate Club' (from Nick) and 'ushi-greatfoodpics.com' (from Stefan), but instead I finally decided on a name random enough to set expectations accordingly.

1 comment: