Thursday 18 August 2011

Sorbitum Ices at The Real Food Market, The Southbank Centre

Sorbitum Ices  is such a small operation, I can't even find a website for it.  Exhibiting from a retro caravan at the Real Food Market at The Southbank Centre, their board, advertising 'Dark Chocolate Sorbet' immediately grabbed my attention.

I've become a bit of a sorbet connoisseur of late, having taken up a dairy-free diet.  Fruity sorbet is great, as is boozy sorbet, but chocolate?  I'd never seen such a thing before!  So how could I resist?

A small variety of exciting flavours (some ice-cream), were on offer, all home made by the seller.  Made with 70% dark chocolate, the sorbet had the consistency of ice-cream, and tasted darkly delicious.  Dairy-free but with a creamy texture and flavour.  It was entirely wonderful!  £2 for a generous scoop, it was the highlight of the entire market for me.

So, whilst I can't direct you to a website, or even a photo, you too can sample this yumminess, as the Real Food Market  is currently running weekly, from Friday to Sunday outside the Southbank Centre!  Go find the Sorbitum caravan of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment