Wednesday 20 January 2010

Cake of the Day - Jaime's Intensely Chocolately Cake

Truly, this deserves the accolade of Cake of the Day.

It's cold and miserable outside. There's more snow heading our way. It's only Wednesday morning, although it already feels like it should be Friday...

...And there is a joyous shout: 'Ushi, there's cake in the kitchen!'

Unexplained cake? How delightful.

But, this is better than delightful. Expecting some cake of the shop bought variety, I discovered this huge, beautifully home made, decorated chocolate cake in the tiny office kitchen. Salivating already, we soon found out that this was John's birthday cake, made by his very talented wife Jamie.

Whilst 9am is usually too early for cake, I wasn't able to resist trying a little, and it truly was the most incredibly intensely (dark) chocolately cake experience.

So, thank you Jaime - your cake has made my day, and is cake of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Why thank you Ushi, glad my cake has made your day! Hope you going to have more than just "a little" though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My slice was eaten very quickly after that first bite! Thanks again - you are very talented! And I'm definitely going to see if I can have some more...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeerrrrrrrr where is my cake Jaime?
    Where is my invite for tea?
    I think we need to have a word! That looks fab babe!
    Leandri

    ReplyDelete